Bespoke stained glass in timber entrance door creates wow factor for Suffolk home
Desperate to replace the existing french doors that made up the front entrance to her Bury St Edmunds home, Liz Paren came to The Burgess Group in search of something unique, to create a focal point that really reflected the character of the house and of her beautiful gardens.
In this video, Liz explains why she chose our contemporary timber entrance door and French doors, and how they’ve added personality, design, energy efficiency and function to this wonderful property.
Having considered other companies, Liz visited our showroom, discovered our impressive timber range and bespoke stained glass service, and entrusted us with the project.
Conscious of the styling of other homes in the area, Liz selected a subtly contemporary style for the front door that is sympathetic to the periods featured locally, but allows a touch of individuality.
The new French doors replaced the original, more ornate doors, which were over 70 years old, and dramatically increased the warmth and energy efficiency of the room.
It’s all in the detail
- Entrance Door Colour: Farrow & Ball St Giles Blue on the exterior, Cream (RAL 9001) on the frame and side panels and White (RAL 9003) on the interior.
- French Door Colour: Dual colour frames, with white (RAL9003) on the outside and striking Farrow & Ball Stiffkey blue for the inside.
- Microporous paint: Applied across our timber range, offers a flawless finish whilst allowing the wood to breathe. This prolongs the life of the timber and earns an impressive 12 year paint guarantee.
- Entrance door type: Townhouse style with waterdrop toughened glass side panels and timber ovolo mouldings.
- Entrance door furniture: Chrome plated escutcheon with thumb turn and Samuel Heath chrome plated letterbox.
- French door type: Contemporary design with horizontal astragal bars and Regent polished stainless steel handle.
- Bespoke Stained Glass: Our stained glass experts worked with Mrs Paren’s own design to ensure definition and colourful light into the hallway.
- Guarantees: 30 year fungal & insect, 12 year paint, 10 years for the sealed units, hardware & workmanship.
Want to know more?
Discover our contemporary timber entrance door range or timber French doors, read our customer reviews or pop in to our lovely showrooms in Woodbridge and Fornham St Martin (near Bury St Edmunds) in Suffolk.