Spitfire Contemporary Aluminium Door Care Guide
Congratulations on choosing a new Spitfire door for your home. We want to make sure that it continues to wow your visitors for many years to come. Following these steps will help make sure your installation continues to look and operate as well as it does now for many years to come.
- Consult the operating manual and follow the instructions before completely opening the door for the first time.
- Ensure that expansion gaps are left in floor screeds and timber floor finishes for the benefit of the door threshold.
- Protect your finished surfaces from chemicals which may discolour them, such as cement.
Care and Maintenance
- Make sure that your door is always opened as per our operating instructions. If you don’t have them to hand, just let us know and we’ll send you a new copy.
- To clean your door, regularly use a solution of warm water and mild detergent and a soft cloth or sponge, anything harsher than natural bristle brushes may damage the finish. Window sections can be cleaned as part of routine window cleaning.
- Methylated spirits may be used to remove stubborn marks on the powder coating.
- Cleaning and checking is recommended every 6 months, unless you have a marine coating, are located above 1000m or are in an industrial or swimming pool environment, in which case the suggested frequency is monthly.
Have a question that we haven’t answered? Please get in touch with one of our showrooms, we’ll be happy to help.